Friday, February 11, 2011

Blogfest update

Two things to start: I just passed 100 followers!  I'll have to come up with something fun to celebrate! Hi to my new followers, and thanks for stopping by. And that brings me to the other thing... I'm sorry I haven't been out in the blogosphere this week. It's just been one of those weeks. But I promise I'll visit everyone else and get caught up with the new crusaders soon.

Now to the reason for today's (very late) post. Donna asked for an example for the upcoming Super-Snooper Blogfest, and I finally found a few minutes to write one. If you haven't signed up yet, join the fun. I'll be giving away a copy of Sam Gosling's SNOOP!


The shades were drawn; looked, in fact, as if they hadn't been raised in years. Clothes - all black - were crammed into the closet; several hangers jutted out at odd angles, resisting alignment in the tiny bits of space that remained. Assorted black shoes obscured the closet floor, lying at least two layers thick. In the bookshelf to the right, books lay strewn about, some stacked, others standing, still others falling to one side. Three books lay on the floor, where they must have fallen from the crowd above. Perched on the top of the bookshelf, two framed photos stared out into the room. One, a black and white landscape reminiscent of Ansel Adams, wrought a haunting, ethereal image. The second depicted a field of snow, pristine but for the wing marks flanking a single drop of bright red blood, the brightest splash of color in the room.

Based on that description, what conclusions would you draw about the owner of the room?

4 comments:

  1. Yes,congrats on over 100 followers! That's wonderful! :D

    I imagine this room belongs to a fairly young male soldier who suffered psychological trauma at war. The black and white seems equally harsh and still relatively peaceful at the same time, like he's searching for rest but can't obtain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, and thanks for following my blog - I'm only sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the example for me Allison.

    Hmm, this is cryptic. I'd say a person into goth, or perhaps LRP games. Either this is a vampire - real or playacted - or someone with a night job that rarely spends any amount of time in this room.

    Interesting. .

    Congrats on the 100 followers :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete