Monday, March 7, 2011

Multitasking

Just like every other mom on the planet, I multitask. Of course, I can only actually DO two or three things at a time (dust and search for lost legos and try to follow my son's description of the dragon he saw fighting a ninja tiger. He saw it. Really.). Ask me to do more than that, and my carefully balanced stack of tasks topples to the ground. And I have to scramble to pick up the pieces.

Why do I share this? Because I've been dealing with sick kids, a traveling husband, and school closings while trying to finish my WIP for an upcoming revision workshop. They've put me way over my multitasking limit, and I forgot to schedule someone for today's Marketing Monday.

But if you're looking for some great marketing advice, check out Raquel Byrnes's tips on putting together a media kit. Next week, we'll be back to the regularly scheduled program. 

7 comments:

  1. I think women and mothers are God's special creation and gift to the world. No other has the strength and are able to multitask like them and still maintain the sanity, and the humor, in some cases. Good for you, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's try this again. As a fellow multitasking mom, I feel your pain. I wish there was more hours in a day just to wrap up loose ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can only focus on so many things at once...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa: You made my day--thank you!

    Toby: It is a great link. Raquel's got some great stuff on her site. And thanks!

    Lisa: 26 hours in a day would be nice, as long as the extra 2 were just for me, to spend as I wish... :)

    Alex: you said it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I hope things let up soon and the kiddies get better. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for including me in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, after years of denying,

    I am finally accepting, women are better multi-taskers and chaos tamers!!!

    Hope you could stick to your schedule!! I just started loving your posts!! Ha Ha


    with warm regards
    http://becomingprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete