Thursday, March 15, 2012

Library Fun

I love when I get to experience something unexpected. Most days go by, relatively the same, but every now and then something comes along to shake things up. Like this.

Look who came to our local library:


There's a great horned owl in the children's fiction section. How awesome is that?

The raptor rehabilitators brought others, too, including this screech owl, a European barn owl, and a peregrine falcon. Gorgeous birds that have all been injured in some way (most were hit by a car while hunting). They were rescued but unable to be re-released into the wild.


It was an incredible afternoon with rarely-seen hunters. I'd do it again in a heart-beat.

When was the last time you got close to an animal that wasn't a pet?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should try this at the library where I work - I'm sure the children (and everyone else) would love it!

    I occasionally get close to deer or fox while out with the dog, and it's always a thrill :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I highly recommend it! They had a whole program about birds. The kids made pinecone bird feeders, binoculars out of toilet paper tubes, and did all kinds of bird-related activities. I think the whole event was co-hosted by the Audubon society. Definitely look into it!

    ReplyDelete