Nicole at One Significant Moment at a Time is hosting the Bernard Pivot Blogfest today. The questions below (written by Bernard Pivot) are from Inside the Actor's Studio. I've never watched it, but this seems like a great way to get to know other bloggers. So here goes...
1. What is your favorite word?
Excellent. That's my favorite word, I'm not commenting on the question. If you're going to be positive about something, why do it only half-way?
2. What is your least favorite word?
Uh... it's a very offensive word that starts with c. I'll leave it at that.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Nature. There is a phenomenal amount of unbelievably cool stuff in nature, and I find it soothes my soul and stimulates just about every creative idea I've ever had. When I'm blocked, all I need is a walk in the park to get things flowing again.
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
This is hard; it depends on the situation. When someone else frustrates me, I sound like the kids from South Park after Kenny's been killed. Although I don't use it often, I also like the one that's highly versatile (works as a noun, verb, or adjective).
6. What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of my children laughing. It brightens my day like nothing else.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
We live in the city and walk/bike everywhere, so I think it has to be traffic.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I would be a concert pianist.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything that doesn't stimulate my mind.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"I loved your book!" =D