Monday, August 23, 2010

Celebration!! Contest!! (and did I mention chocolate?)

Last week, my family celebrated the four-year anniversary of our move to Germany. Today, Boss Man went off to school... he was little more than a baby when we moved here. To top it all off, we managed to jump through numerous hurdles and have the official permission of the government to stay a little longer.
Official translations of documents that were never looked at: €110

Offices from which we needed official documents that were on a 6-week summer holiday: 1

Hours of sleep lost worrying about the above: at least 10

Hours of sleep lost due to 5 AM wake-up time to make it to our appointment: 2

Knowing we won't be kicked out of the country: PRICELESS

And how shall we celebrate this momentous occasion? With a contest!!!

A while back, I posted a review about the fabulous MG novel The Pasta Detectives by best-selling German author Andreas Steinhöfel. (Don't worry, you don't have to read German, it's in English, wonderfully translated by Chantal Wright.) The winner will receive the book PLUS some German chocolate. Not the super-sugary "German" chocolate they sell in the U.S., but the REAL THING.

What do you need to do?
  1. Comment below, so I know you want to win.
  2. Spread the word (on your blog, via twitter, whatever... if you tweet, be sure to include @alisonpstevens so I can see it; if you mention on your blog, please include a link in your comment). 
  3. For an extra entry, follow this blog.
  4. For yet another extra entry, follow me on twitter.
  5. On September 1, I will use random.org to choose a winner.

6 comments:

  1. You had me at The Pasta Detectives, but then you really sealed the deal with chocolate. I tweeted about it.

    And thanks so much for reading Stilettos and Shirley Temples! You asked how long it takes to write each installment. Both Simon and I are pretty quick writers. I'd say I'd think about the scene for a bit, and I usually write it in 10-20 minutes. If I get stuck, I just figure out what type of conversation Simon and I would have. It's easy to use his vernacular and the like, and it keeps everything zipping along. It's a lot of fun! :D

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I'm not sure how I missed this but I'll play! I'll run on over to Twitter to tweet and I'll put up a quick post today on Blogger to let my followers know. Love your blog!

    And congratulations on getting to stay!
    that rebel, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, congratulations on being able to stay in Germany. If I got a chance to stay in my dream country, New Zealand, and then have to move out ... brrrr.

    The ghost of Samuel Clemens will mention your blog on tomorrow's post. Have a great weekend, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chocolate
    I'm following
    I'm commenting
    I tweeted
    Did I mention I love chocolate?
    HUGE congrats on getting to stay in Germany

    Lyn
    W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alison, cool. I've been a follower for awhile, I've tweeted, I love chocolate, and I've followed you on twitter, and I love chocolate in case you missed that! I'm probably too late anyhoo!
    Congrats on staying in Germany. What about those cakes, eh?
    Also, Roland, I can't imagine NZ saying no to you! They need people, not more sheep!

    ReplyDelete