Friday, May 21, 2010

Poetry Friday: Bees

I love spring. The sun, the flowers, the way everything turns green again. The world goes from shades of brown and gray to a patchwork of brilliant color, teeming with life. This was inspired by an event that took place last spring. I hope not to experience it again.

Bees

I found a bee,
and then another...
then I saw some more.

Mommy and I
counted them...
they came to ninety-four.

Most lay dead,
a few still dying...
all along the walk.

And in a nearby garden,
we could hear
some people talk.

'Bout how the flowers
looked so nice,
not one leaf had a hole.

But they never said a word
about the lives
their garden stole.
© 2010 Alison Pearce Stevens

Today's Poetry Friday Roundup is hosted by Laura at Writing the World for Kids.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment