Monday, February 25, 2013

Death by Snow Day

You know how deadlines tend to cluster? No? Well mine do. And I've got a bunch coming up. So naturally last week was a complete bust in terms of getting any writing done. President's Day on Monday, sick child Tuesday-Wednesday, snow days Thursday-Friday.

Two days off of school for a whopping 6 inches of snow. Every parent I know was tearing their hair out last week. And then yesterday, the local weather people said it would snow from last night until tomorrow.

So far, not a flake. Which is a good thing. School's in session today, and I might actually have a shot at squeaking in under these deadlines. Of course the flip side is that, once again, we're going to get no snow, and we desperately need the moisture.

And my boys and I didn't get to build an igloo, which I'd really wanted to do. Because really, if there's no school due to snow, you ought to be able to build an igloo. Don't you think?

source
But on the positive side of things, my article on Concussion came out in Science News for Kids. If your kids are out sledding, playing hockey, ice skating, or doing other winter sports, you might want to check it out.

How do you get work done when life gets in the way?

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a very well constructed igloo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? If only I could take credit for its construction. :)

      Delete
  2. Ummm... I don't. Or else the laundry and dishes and TV/movie watching have to completely go by the wayside for several days. Or make the kids go off with their dad for a day. Or I stay up late and sacrifice sleep and running, to WRITE. It's hard. It's a constant juggling act. Hope you find the time. (Hope I find the time, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard! Good to know I'm not the only one struggling.

      Delete