Friday, October 15, 2010

Writerly surprises

Remember Justine Dell's amazing contest? I won! I never win stuff like this (but I can't say that anymore, can I?). I got to choose my prize, and I opted for The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman. I am so excited. Thank you, Justine! And congratulations to the other seven lucky winners!

Big Boots; photo from Cowboys and Indians Magazine
We're currently wrapping up a few days in San Antontio, Texas and head to Austin today. And I just discovered that the Texas Book Festival is in Austin this weekend. I am SO excited!!  We plan to ditch a family barbeque to go. No, not really, but we have found a fabulous set of children's book sessions that we plan to attend, so the kids should be just as happy as I am. :-D

What does life have planned for you this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning and enjoy the book festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning! I will be at the book festival as well-- I'm so happy that I finally live in Austin so I FINALLY get to go to these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grats! I won too, but I'm waiting for her to finish with the others before I get to choose my prize. Well, I don't know if I'll get to choose, maybe I'll just get what's left - which is fine. I'm very grateful :)

    But yay for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! And the boots pix, that is so cool.

    Hope you're having loads of fun.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Alison, sounds like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete